Thursday, May 5, 2016

A to Z Blog Challenge: REFLECTION

This year, I thought I had my blog posts all figured out. I was going to do a Parenting one and wrote out all the advice for each letter of the alphabet around the middle of March. Then, the day before "A" was due, I reread what I wrote.

It wasn't garbage, but I felt like I was bragging about my kids and telling people what to do instead of offering advice and tricks I have learned over the years. I trashed it and went back to writing, which meant I had to play catch up.

I admit, my posts weren't all very deep and reflective. I think some this year may have been very similar to last year's A to Z Challenge. I have only made a few baby steps (one big one having "Lane Changes" professionally edited) since last year so I didn't have a lot of new information to add.

I really appreciate everyone who read and commented; it didn't make me feel isolated or that my blog was boring and easy to skip over. I really like going to the A to Z sign up list, looking for that {WR} tag and reading posts. I found so many new books that way, interesting people etc. I admit, I was a bit disappointed when some of the bloggers wouldn't respond to my comments but I get it. I tried to respond to mine as well but life, work, kids and more blogging gets in the way.  I did read them all and tried to visit as many blogs as I could.

I can't think of anything else that needs to be done or improved for this Challenge. The emails/communication was effective and consistent, the sign up was easy. I will definitely do this again next year and hopefully have a published book to talk about!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments :

  1. I found your posts fascinating. I really liked the way you personalised them and gave us glimpses of your life. So what for next year wonder.

    Visit Keith's Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo for you to accomplish the A to Z Challenge. I understand your struggle to not sound like bragging about your children and to share tips you've learned by doing instead of lecturing the reader. I have this same struggle. Five kids. I've learned lots. But to be able to share with readers that knowledge is not easy. I struggle with it constantly. I like your blog and will join it. All the best, Anna!

    ReplyDelete