Thursday, April 21, 2016

A to Z Blogging Challenge {WR}: R=RIP Prince

I interrupt this Writing Blog...

When I first got wind of someone being found dead on Prince's estate my reaction was, "oh no, not him."

An hour later, it was confirmed.

I was a child of the 80s. Am a child of the 80s. His songs were my teenage life. He wasn't my very favorite musician, I never saw him in concert and didn't see any movie he was in. But, who didn't think about his "1999" when 1999 actually happened? Even if you aren't a fan, you could probably name at least one song that he sang.

Music is important to me. I write to it, I play songs on repeat to write a certain scene. I listen to music to feel happier, to get excited about something, to pass a long drive, to just fill in the silence.

RIP, Prince aka "the artist formerly known as Prince"...you had many fans. And you had respect. I hope you lived your life the way you wanted.


2 comments :

  1. Thank you for offering a tribute to Prince first known as Prince Rogers Nelson. I always think of Purple Rain when I hear his name. His many talents will never be duplicated.

    Gail’s 2016 April A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute. Like you, I wasn't a massive fan but I love Purple Rain. RIP Prince
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete