Monday, April 18, 2016

A to Z Blog Challenge {WR}: O=Openness in Writing: Do you write in secret?

How open are you with your writing? Do your friends and family know that you write/have written a book? Do you use your real name when publishing?

My circles know I write, a few know I am self publishing a book and only my immediate family, the guy doing the cover of my book and a friend helping with the web end know I have a pen name.

I don't think I am afraid of criticism or people hating my books. I know everyone is different and likes certain books, but I want to wait until I get "Lane Changes" book 1 up on the Internet before I post it to my Facebook and Twitter feeds. Before all my other friends, acquaintances and those people from-high-school-you-have-on-FB-and-wonder-why-since-you-don't-really-talk-to-them-anymore find out!

Best of luck in writing my friends!

3 comments :

  1. Hello,
    openness in writing is a necessary evil. Unless you let your mind free, the thoughts will not float fluidly on the paper. I am an author too, I know it's importance 🙏 and I use my real name.

    With pen name writers I always remember Saki (H.H. Munroe). His short stories are the best. Read "The Open Window" you will love it.

    Your high school Facebook people thought, I just loved it, I have mentioned about my amusement towards social sites and recently on maintainig friendships and why do we lose them? Just my personal views.

    All the best for your writings and good positive thoughts! Coming about criticism, so that's what we humans do because we don't have a bark like a dog or scratching nails habit like a cat :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naqvee! I hope you are doing well and I will definitely check out that short story.

      Delete
  2. Most of my friends and family do not even know that I write a blog :)

    ReplyDelete