Friday, April 15, 2016

A to Z Blog Challenge {WR}: M=Madeline L'Engle--YA Authors I loved as a kid...

I discovered "A Wrinkle In Time" on my teacher's bookshelf in 4th grade. We were allowed to 'check out' books so I took it home and read it in two days. I read that book whenever it was on the shelf. I asked for the set for Christmas and read it until there were creases in the paperback spine. Sometime in middle school, I forgot about it, and her other books, including "Meet the Austins".

When I heard they were making a movie about it, I found my old original copy and asked my middle school daughter to read it, but she won't. I find if I try to suggest books for my kids to read they push back. So, I'm just leaving it on my shelf until the time she may run out of fantasy books to read.

Other books that I enjoyed as a preteen: The Face on the Milk Carton, Stranger With My Face, Harriet the Spy, Nancy Drew, Follow My Leader, The Bobbsey Twins, Trixie Belden, The Happy Hollisters, Cherry Ames (those last ones were hand me downs of my mother's).

I'm sure other titles will hit me after I write this post! Any books you may still have from your childhood on your bookshelf?




1 comment :

  1. Hello from A to Z, Anna. My blogging theme this month has to do with YA and a few MG books I read when I was younger.

    I loved "A Wrinkle in Time" and I also remember reading "The Face on the Milk Carton" and "Stranger with My Face." I am a huge fan of Lois Duncan.

    ReplyDelete