Monday, April 4, 2016

A to Z Blog Challenge {WR}: C=Cliffhang...

..ers.

This word came from a Thomas Hardy story where the main character was literally hanging off the cliff at the end of the book.

I like them, it's what keep me turning from chapter to chapter and sometimes shutting a book thinking, "This story has to go on! Is there going to be another one?"

Have you read a particular story where this happened to you? The first one that comes to mind is "Twilight". I found it just after it was released and read it in the car pick up line. I finished it and thought, "Well, there has to be more Edward and Bella. She can't end it there!" Thus, I went on the Internet and was relieved to see book 2 was in the works.

I honestly can't think of any other book or movie where this happened, where I scoured the Internet to see if there was going to be a sequel. However, recently there was a TV show where I had to watch the next episode...and the next...: "Man In The High Castle" and now I have to wait! Season 1 is done and Season 2 should be out sometime this year...

2 comments :

  1. The "Twilight" series was a good one. Harry Potter was also an exciting adventure. I read them as they were published so I've always wondered how it would be to read them again, one right after the other. There is always more to discover, isn't there? Found you through the A to Z Challenge. www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry is a definite. I came into that series when book three had just come out and I remember how hard it was to wait for the next book. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete