Friday, October 2, 2015

Stick a Fork In Me..I'm Done!

I did it! <insert happy dance>

I finished the series, Lane Changes, that I have been writing for over ten years.

It started as one, standalone, 80K word book. I then divided into two and like cell division, it multiplied.
I stopped, took a break, started...worked on it occasionally but only over the last three years did I dedicate so much time as the stories of my characters wouldn't leave me alone.
Today, I typed the FINAL words in the FINAL book of the series.

There are approximately eleven books, some can be combined, and 898,942 words. Only the first book, titled "Lane Changes", is complete and as edited as I can get it. I am looking into finding an editor as I think I may be self publishing the first three rather than go the publisher route.

So, I am excited! Sad. Happy. Bittersweet. I wanted to tell someone but many of my friends don't know how much time and effort I put into this world but I know other writers do.

Hopefully, the first book in the series will be up by next year and, fingers crossed, people will love Lane and her friends as much as I do.

Thanks for reading my post :-)

5 comments :

  1. Wow, I mean wow. Best wishes on editing and publishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I will need all the help I can get!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! That's such an amazing feeling, typing in those final words. And wow, that's a lot of words. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely was bittersweet typing "THE END".
      Now, I am thinking of a pen name which has me wondering how I will keep this blog and move people over to a new one webpage?

      Delete
    2. That sounds like quite a project. I don't know how you'd do that, but I'm sure there must be a way. I thought about using a pen name but decided against it for the satisfaction of having my own name on it. Good luck with it!

      Delete