Wednesday, June 3, 2015

IWSG: #pitMad? Yeah, I Didn't Know What It Was Either!

The IWSG is a great way to talk about your insecurities within a net of nonjudgementalness. I happen to "like" the IWSG on Facebook and this popped up today:

"Are You Ready for #PitMad"?

(Click here to see what it is and join us on Twitter from 8am-8pm on June 4! Are You Ready for #PitMad?)

I was like, "Umm, what in the world? Does it have to to with being mad about pit bulls?"

So, I clicked on the link and as soon as I read the article I was hooked. What a great idea. Yes, it'll be crazy on Twitter for agents and writers alike. Yes, it'll require WORK from me, and any other writer, to narrow down your blurb to 140 characters that have to include "#pitmad" and "#<insert genre here>" and finally make sure to include the ever-important TITLE of your work.

Over the last few hours of working on my tweets, I came up with a system and I can't wait to get it out there. Even though I am so insecure about my writing. Even though only a handful of people have read the first in the series of "Lane Changes". Even though I have only one short story published a few years ago...I could go on and on but at some point I have to pull up my big girl panties and get "Lane Changes" out there and get it noticed. Anything I can do before it is published, by me or a publisher, will help the name stick in readers' minds.

So, if you have a finished, polished manuscript and want a safe way to try and get an agent hooked, try #pitMad.

Good luck!

12 comments :

  1. I did one of those a while back, no takers. But it was fun. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm also interested to read other writers blurbs. Just put my first two out there! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I love the link :-D Of course I'll be participating as well. As a cheerleader. I wish you much luck for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writers love cheerleaders...hope you find some new aspiring authors you can follow! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Yours is the second blog I've run across today with a post about #pitmad. I'd never heard of it either and thought it sounded like mad pit bulls. Best of luck with it! I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will make sure to let everyone know how it went after 8pm today. Luckily, I don't have anything planned until 7:30 tonight!

      Delete
  4. This is the second blog I've seen mention it. I don't do #PitMad but I know some writers who do. I wish everyone good luck!

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an awesome experience. I had one small publisher interested/favorited the pitch and met so many great authors with interesting stories that I never would have met otherwise. I think the next one is in September and I hope to participate in that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Although, I wonder how much time some people spend on Twitter every day. Sometimes I go days without posting anything but there are people who have multiple posts each hour! It is a good way to connect with like minded people though!

      Delete
  7. What a fun idea! I seriously need to do more tweeting.

    ReplyDelete