Saturday, April 11, 2015

{WR} Just In Case You Missed It...I Changed The Background Of The Blog...Why? (Blogging from A to Z Challenge}

I have thought about "J" for two days and kept coming up empty. And I can usually pull anything out and make it work (like the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon) but not this time.

So, I decided to see how many of you chose a background for your Blog that represents your current Work In Progress (WIP). Or, bring your WIP to life in other ways.

For over a year, I had a Gargoyle on my background. It represented the story I am working on with a friend entitled "Sticks and Stones". It's been on hold since said friend is in Nursing School and "Lane Changes" is actually going somewhere so I need to work on it more than the other one.

Finding a background that represented "Lane Changes" was hard. It's about teens, friendship, romance, heartache, tough decisions and that'd be weird to have a bunch of teenagers on my background. I couldn't even find good street signs that had the words LANE CHANGES on it to use. Then, I remembered the three main characters swim in high school and two swim in college. I went to a high school with an indoor pool; the only one in the county if I remember correctly. So, I looked under the images section of GOOGLE for "indoor high school pools" and really liked this photo mainly because of the reflection in the water itself.

Do you do anything to put you in a mood to write about your story? I talked about music in the last post. Do you change the theme of your Blog? Put up or draw pictures of your characters so you can refer to them when needed?

Blogging from A to Z Challenge

7 comments :

  1. I'm not a background person. If anything they distract me. I'm either in the mood or not and inspiration comes without warning and often at very inconvenient times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is a big one for me. I will listen to a song on repeat for hours. Set up playlists, that kind of thing. I pin stuff on pinterest. I love the background you chose. Very nice. And good luck with Lane Changes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't play music while I write (too distracting), but I might play music that's appropriate for what I'm writing before I start. It's not often my stories are tied to particular songs/pieces, though.

    And "Just in case..." works just fine for J as far as I'm concerned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not about "J" but I'm curious: What is Lisa's LiveWires?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shonna, It's a group of 10 of us who are helping her moderate the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. We have 10 sets of blog numbers we each are responsible for to make sure they are posting and they are appropriate content. I think there are around 2000 bloggers signed up so you can see how many it would take to keep everything on track!

      Delete
  5. I have a picture of who I think my main character looks like set as wallpaper on my computer, so whenever I sit down to write, I see her there looking at me, telling me to get started already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! (The wallpaper that WAS here was a swimming pool). I will be scouring the internet for pictures but I just realized one of my friends is back into drawing. So, maybe I'll go that route! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete