Friday, April 3, 2015

{WR} Cougar Town! {Blogging from A to Z}

Cougar Town! A show that, when it orginially aired, I honestly thought it was about a group of women in their 40s who dated young men. Which did not interest me at all.

Fast foward to two weeks ago when my sister forced me to watch the first episode because she is convinced Travis, the son, is the twin to my son in looks and attitude. I had to agree and found myself laughing so hard and identifying with so much of what the friends on the show went through, I have watched the first season in two weeks.

I find the writing hilarious, the quick jokes, wit and barbs always entertaining; the way the lines are delivered with the perfect facial expression or body language. I could never be an actor as I just don't have that talent. However, I think that when you get the trifecta (good writing, good acting, the perfect person to play said character=chemistry!) then you have an amazing show. I only hope the rest of the seasons keep me laughing, and crying, as much as the first.

Blogging from A to Z Challenge

4 comments :

  1. Heather, this is the first review I've ever read on Cougar Town. I don't have time to watch a lot of television but my family usually picks a series and that's our fodder until it's over. Can you say obsessive? I'll add this to the cue. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your reply! In my opinion if your kids are over 15 then it's okay to watch, unless your kids skew older. They talk a lot about sex and make many innuendos but it truly is hilarious. I'd let my 17 yo watch it as I think he could identify with the teen going to college :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your review of Cougar Town, I'm going to give it a look-see. Twenty-eight years ago I married a man almost twelve years my junior. Don't think the term had been applied to people like me then.
    P.S. I still like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who did the same thing (second marriage for both) and the are happier than ever! I hope you enjoy the show and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete