Thursday, April 2, 2015

{WR} Blasted Laptop! {Blogging from A to Z Challenge}

Four years ago, I thought I wanted the best laptop, I wanted the newest, fanciest one so I got a MacBookPro.

Four years later I am like, "What the hell did I buy? I can't figure out half of this computer and I can't even change the freaking file name if I misspell something! I have to "Save As" again then trash the original document!"

I was complaining to my husband about it this morning and realized, I am a simple person. I want a simple laptop that I am not cursing everyday. I had a Dell for ten years until I got this one and I am ready to go back. I save all my stories/books on this (and copy over to an external hard drive) but can easily do that same on a Windows based laptop. On a Windows based laptop, I could EVEN CHANGE THE FILE NAME WITH A CLICK OF THE MOUSE!

Can you tell I am frustrated? BLASTED LAPTOP!

So, do I go back to a Dell or is there a laptop that you have found which is better for writing? I use MS Word for writing everything. I don't play games, I surf the internet, I watch "Cougar Town" (only on season one so no spoilers), I look at photos--which I can't do anymore on my MacBook because an update ruined the iPhoto ap so...I can't edit or anything so that ap is useless to me now!

In addition to moving this summer, I will be in the market for a new laptop as well. Any advice would be appreciated or I will just get the Dells I was used to years ago.

Thanks for listening!


UPDATE: The hubby figured out how to rename the file. Four years and it took me that long to figure it out. Even the internet didn't help me. I think I am in over my head with a Mac :-)
Blogging from A to Z Link

5 comments :

  1. I am not a mac fan at all. I have had my Dell for 3 years now, I wrote a best seller on it and just finished my second book on it. I had one crash that the Geek Squad fixed in 15 minutes. (thank goodness I did nearly have a stroke.) I love it! Boo mac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have kissed that Geek Squad...that is my worst nightmare. I have three backups of everything that I write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! Sorry about your issues with the Mac. I've never had one and don't plan on ever getting one. I hope you find the perfect Dell for you.

    I finally have a few minutes to spare and have been visiting my fellow Live Wires. This is my first A-Z Challenge so it may take a while before my posts don't look like a train wreck.

    I look forward to checking out the rest of your posts for the month. Have a great night. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I have to say, I love my macbook. I had a Pro, but after I dropped a cup of coffee on it (don't do this) I replaced it with the Air. The difficulty most people have in transitioning from PC to Mac is the complexity of the other system. The secret to Mac, forget what you now from PC, think about what you want to do and then think of what the easiest way to do it would be, and its probably right. To change a file name, just click on it once and hit return.
    ~Rhonda, a fellow LiveWire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny because my hubby and I were just at Best Buy yesterday asking all kinds of questions about getting new laptops, his for school, mine for work. I'll look up the ones we looked at and send you the info... no macs! I love my Iphone, but haven't tried an apple yet... Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete