Thursday, April 2, 2015

{WR} Apples, Berries, Carrots... {Blogging from A to Z Challenge} and IWSG!



I was gone all day yesterday and didn't have a chance to post for the first day, the letter A or for IWSG! I guess I could make a comment about it being April Fools...Anywho...I will post every day and try to mention writing (or anything that has to do with it) within the post and why I chose to write about what I did...

APPLES, BERRIES, CARROTS

I chose this as I am on Weight Watchers, and have been since mid February. My work is very health conscious and for only $4 a week I can attend a meeting at work, get weighed, have access to their ap (which is amazing) and sit with like minded individuals that I work with day in and day out. So far, I have lost 16 pounds and with that comes more energy, a better attitude and I even feel more creative when I write. I am also in that zone, in writing, where I will sit for two hours and pound out a scene then realize I wrote instead of ate. So, writing can also help with weight loss if you can lose yourself in your characters. I think a lot of overeating stems from being bored and when I get into a scene that takes every ounce of concentration I have, the urge to snack goes away. So, I signed up for another WW session and my goal of losing 40lbs total is almost half way there...off to eat more fruit and veggies!
Blogging from A to Z Link

3 comments :

  1. Congratulations! I am trying to lose 15 pounds before the end of June. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!
    I am one of Lisa's Live Wires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of her her "Live Wires" as well. And I just looked at the books you wrote...I can only guess how many tears were shed when you wrote those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats on losing the weight. I've been wanting to lose weight for years, but haven't found anything that really works for me. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete