Friday, January 16, 2015

IWSG--a week late, however, I do have a funny video in here!



Hello everyone and thanks so much for your comments from my December post. I love them (it's like getting snail mail that isn't a bill) and it helps to hear about others going over the same speed bumps!

I knew it was time to post last week but could not, for the life of me, think of what to write about. Then, I heard about someone from my hometown (where we moved from three years ago) who is a finalist in the Superbowl Dorito ad. I watched the video and thought, this is writing. He had to figure out a script, what words would portray everything he needed in such a short amount of time.
I watched all the other finalist videos and, maybe I am biased, but I think his is the best. You can see it here (and feel free to vote): "What Could Go Wrong?"

I have a new book I am working on (I mentioned it before: "Sticks & Stones") and for some reason, in my head it's a movie. I can see every scene much quicker, and clearer than when I write it. However, I have never written a script, I have no idea how and to be honest I don't really want to figure out how to do it. But then there is that small part of you that thinks, "Maybe this would be worth figuring out how to write as a script?" So, I think once I get the story vomited out into my laptop, I will do some research on writing a script. Although, it sounds like it'd be more difficult to do that than to just write a story.  Has anyone every tried writing a script or done so in the past?


2 comments :

  1. HAHAHA! That was a great commercial. :)

    Oooh. Best of luck turning your story into a script!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Well see if I get there. May have to read up on how to write one!

    ReplyDelete