Monday, August 11, 2014

Wonderful Team Member Readership Award


  ReadershipAward_08092014

Today while I had a chunk of free time, I was visiting some of my favorite bloggers sites and reading their recent posts. I was surprised and excited when I saw Lori MacLaughlin had nominated me for the "Wonderful Team Member Readership Award!" The Readership Award salutes bloggers who regularly visit and leave thoughtful comments on other blogs in support of the blogosphere community. I truly appreciate Lori thinking of me and encourage you to visit her blog "Writing, Reading and the Pursuit of Dreams" here.

This nomination came at a crossroads for me. I was feeling guilty I hadn't visited blogs in awhile so when the ISWG post happened last Wednesday, I made sure I read and commented on blogs that interested me. I truly believe that this network of readers and writers will be a web of support to anyone who wants to be published, is published or is trying to advocate for someone or something that pertains to the writing community. I am also working with someone on getting "Lane Changes" published and I know that once it happens, blogging will be very important to me and potential readers. So, thank you Lori for thinking of me!

One of the rules for accepting this award is to finish the sentence: A great reader is… To me, a great reader is someone who will share their love of books, whether through recommendations or conversing about what they've just read. Also, I think it's important to try reading something in every genre so you can make an informed choice on what you like and don't like. Being honest in your review or feedback is important, too. There is no need to attack the author, but to give a well thought out critique of the book you've just read. I have also learned the more you read, the better writer you become so to all the writers or fledgling writers out there...read, read, read!

***

I would like to nominate for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award the following great readers who have made my blogging life so much fun:

Donna K. Weaver: I recently began following her posts and found her through ISWG (I have found so many through that blog)! Her posts are unique, true and entertaining; she has posted on things from plagiarism to embracing your inner hotness.  I enjoy how she posts random videos that represent whatever she may be thinking about that day, which keeps her page fresh. Please congratulate her on the publishing of "Torn Canvas" and visit her blog here.

Elizabeth Mueller: I met Elizabeth at an LDS Storymakers Conference years ago and have stayed connected with her since! She regularly posts on Facebook and her blog and even introduced me to a "Blog Hop" which was great fun!  She always has a positive word or message to keep you writing, even if you've hit a wall. You can find her blog "Elizabeth Mueller, Author" here.

Sabrina Wolfheart: I met Sabrina via the Blog Hop I mentioned above. And while she says she is a teenager, don't let that cloud your view on what teens really think. Her posts are mature, insightful and fun. In addition to being a dog lover, she is a book reviewer as well. You can read her blog, "Books and Bark" here.

Jody Hedlund: I don't know her personally but I found her blog and have been hooked. She has insightful information that seems to be exactly what I need at this point in my writing. Currently, she writes about "Pet Peeves" and I urge you to visit her website/blog and her published works here.

Books Make Me Happy Reviews: Jennifer founded this website and once she established herself as a knowledgeable book person, she has had a backlog of writers asking her and her staff to review their works. Most of the books she and her staff review are Fantasy/Magic related but you can tell Jennifer puts a lot of thought into her site, works closely with her reviewers and also manages to run the Coastal Magic Convention in Florida as well. Visit her website here and you may find a whole new list of books you would like to read! (Disclaimer: I review for this site, but through her I have found some new authors that I love and am giving my Kindle a workout!)

                                                                               ***
Here are the original rules if you wish to accept this award. You can follow them as they are, or follow them in your own way. :)
  1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
  2. The Nominee shall nominate up to 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.
  3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
  4. The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
  5. The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: “A great reader is…

3 comments :

  1. Wow, thanks for the award, Heather! I'll definitely be posting, though maybe not this week, as I'm backed up on book reviews :P (Reading 8 books and no matching reviews was NOT a good idea...)
    I'm very honored to have been among your favorite blogs :) <3 <3 <3 Thank you! <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Heather! And now I have another new batch of blogs to check out! :)

    ReplyDelete