Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Self-Publishing News

We all have seen how self-publishing has exploded like a shaken can of soda when opened. I never even heard of this growing up and was first made aware of it when I heard how John Grisham got his first novel out and into the hands of readers.

And now, they are in a league of their own. There are numerous groups/people/sites that offer to publish your book or print it for you. This is great if you are distributing it yourself or getting it online to Amazon or other sites.

But getting it into the stores is much harder. Looks like this may change. Here's a link to an article in "Digital Book World" that talks about how getting your self-published book into the store will be easier!

Digital Book World Article

For those of you who have written a full length novel before...have you queried agents/publishers or are you going straight to self-publishing? Another option: are you looking for a smaller publisher to help get your book out there?

2 comments :

  1. I had dreams of gaining acceptance and validation through traditional publishing a few years ago. Then I stumbled onto Joe Konrath's blog and changed my mind. I went the self-publishing route. I suck at marketing, so I'll never gain the sales momentum to do it full-time, but going the route I did opened doors for me locally. I was asked to participate in an intense collaboration. I don't know if I would've been approached if I hadn't taken the dive. Now I have acceptance and validation from people I can see and talk to. It might not mean anything to anyone else, but it sure lifts my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look at his blog...thanks for the information. I have a friend who said her friend went the self publishing route and made more money than if she went with a traditional publisher.

    ReplyDelete