Monday, April 29, 2013

Long Time, No Write!

It's been awhile since I've posted and, to be honest, I felt I didn't have much that was of interest. I hurt my ankle on December 21st and didn't find out until three months later that I actually broke it. Of course, I broke it right after I began a new job at Target and ended up having to quit in March because it was hindering the healing of my ankle.

We had friends from Rome come visit over Christmas so they got to see the American-materialistic Christmas we've become, but it was so awesome to have them here. Her two children got to play in the snow for the first time in years and had the chance to put their English lessons to work.

Transcendent is doing pretty well, thanks to Rita Webb's hard work! I had my first, "If I send you two copies of your book, can you sign it and send it back?" And, of course, I did! Rita Webb has released her own book, Tears, which you can find on Amazon.com. (You will also find some other stories by her on Amazon.) I had the privilege of reading Tears prior to being published and if you like dystopian fiction, then this one should be on your list!

Onto the present... I recently talked to my friend, Lani Woodland, author of the Intrinsical series. We have the kind of friendship where you don't need to talk for a few months and when you do, you pick up where you left off. With both of us being busy, we kept playing phone and text-tag. However, once we connected it was wonderful to hear her voice; it makes me want to go back out to California and visit her! She had so much news that it spurred me to write on my blog and share in some of my author friends good news.

First: Erica Cameron, Author. A fun-loving person I met years ago, has landed a four-book deal for her story Sing, Sweet Nightingale. I knew the moment I read the very early copy of this story she would get an agent. Her writing is vivid, her story line is unique and I am so happy to see her hard work get the attention it deserves. You can see a summary of it, and mark it to read here: Goodreads . On top of that, she and Lani have co-written a book that is currently being marketed by an agent. For more information on them: Erica Cameron's Blog and Lani Woodland's Blog.

So, with all this writing going on, I am spurred back into action to continue writing on my own. Rita graciously edited a work of fiction I completed and I am in the process of applying her suggestions to it and will then look at sending out queries. I also talked to a childhood friend about a dream she had and it was so unique, and so interesting we decided to put it down on paper. So, we are in the VERY early stages of working that dream onto paper.

Stay tuned, pass this blog onto your friends and have a great week!

1 comment :

  1. Nice to hear from you! I hope your ankle heals all right!

    ReplyDelete