Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fairy Tales...

So, my daughter and I have been watching "Once Upon A Time". She is nine years old and I'm...well, a little older. When she was a toddler, she was never into the Disney Movies. She watched Cinderella a few times, but that was it. Even when her best friend was into Snow White, she made no effort to watch the movie. I would try to show her Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians or Little Mermaid but she soon became bored.
I wasn't upset by this at all. Having two older brothers probably helped her become more interested in other shows or to play Rescue Heroes instead.
Fast forward to the show "Once Upon A Time"and while she loves the storyline, she hasn't any idea who "Rumplestiltskin" is, or what the storyline is behind Pinnochio and what Jimney Cricket's job was in the movie. I remember learning about these stories in school, but I guess they don't do that anymore, or they don't pick the ones that I learned about.
Today she came home with a Fairy Tale book and over the next few days, we'll be brushing up on Ol' Rumple, his friends "Little Red Riding Hood", "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" and "Sleeping Beauty."
So, add Grimms Fairy Tales to my list of books TBR= book to be read!

Below is a photo of Robert Carlyle who plays "Rumplestiltskin" in the TV Show "Once Upon A Time". He is fantastic!



   

No comments :

Post a Comment